A bit further, under no. 27 you can see, what the city gates once looked like: a paneled ceiling, mosaic floor, elaborate door – a relic from the Austro-Hungarian times. Passing Stradom tenement houses, with their gates and signboards, watching along the way, comparing old-fashioned service establishments and modern stores, you reach a busy artery called Planty Dietlskie, built in 1887 r. according to the intention of professor Józef Dietl on the site of the buried old riverbed of the Vistula.
Planty Dietlowskie towards the west (on the right) lead to the Grunwaldzki Bridge, from where it's close to Dębniki, and towards the north-east (that is to the left) – to ul. Grzegórzecka, near the Wesoła district (the. Copernicus, Botanic Garden). On the other side of Planty Dietlowskie, ul. Krakowska, that is the main axis of Kazimierz, it used to be divided into Jewish and Christian parts. Krakowska is one of the streets with a distinctive "street personality". It is made up of magnificent houses, mostly from the 19th century. (most of them stand on the foundations of older buildings), decorated in balconies, turrets and stucco, occupied by shops on the ground floors, eateries and, to a large extent, archaic service establishments.
The most impressive building at Krakowska Street is the massive edifice of the Ethnographic Museum, the former Town Hall of Kazimierz. It gives way to the baroque church of the Bonifraters standing on the same side as the museum (formerly Trinitarians) of St.. Trinity. Erected between a year 1752 a 1758 by Francesco Placidi, has one of the most interesting facades in the left bank of Krakow. It is malleable, three-story structure, which, thanks to its concavities and convexities, gives the impression of wavy. Trinitarians dealt mainly with redeeming prisoners from captivity - this is referred to in the late Baroque, illusionist polychrome inside the church, by Józef Piltz. It shows the founder of the Trinitarian order, st. Jana with Mathy, saving prisoners from the Turkish hands. They arrived in the 18th century. Brothers, also called brothers of mercy, They founded a hospital next to the church, which is still functioning today. Across the street, in not high, old house at no. 43 there is a shelter of Albertine Brothers, whose creator was Brother Albert – Adam Chmielowski. East of ul. Krakowska was the Jewish city of Kazimierz.
Józef Dietl can be found at any time at All Saints Square, where from 1938 r. there is his monument by Xawery Dunikowski. Dietl, outstanding man, professor of medicine, Rector of the Jagiellonian University. president and honorary citizen of Krakow, reformer in the field of health and education, he lived in years 1804-1878. During his successful tenure, many streets were rebuilt and repaired. some monuments have been renovated, schools were built, public buildings, plumbing installed, lighting, the streets were kept clean. squares and green areas. In addition, crafts and construction flourished. Dietl was honored to be welcomed by Franciszek Józef himself, from which he received the Iron Cross III class. Pope Pius IX personally honored him with the Commander's Order of St.. Gregory.