Further on ul. Kosciuszko
On the other side of Kościuszko Street, which more or less at this section turns into ul. Prince Józef and runs west towards Wolski Forest, begins its ascent up the picturesque street of Bl. Bronisława, presenting a villa, the quiet face of Zwierzyniec. On the right side of ul. bl. Bronisława there is a small baroque chapel of St.. Margaret erected in 1680 r. possibly on the site of a pagan statue of the wind god – Chilly. It is a very interesting, octagonal-shaped wooden structure covered with a bomb dome. The door of the temple (there are three of them) only opens for mass on Sundays at 11.00 and only then can you visit the fragrant wood, rather modestly decorated interior (three altars – Margaret, Julianny, Joanna, two well-deserved banners, a few benches).
Church of the Holy Savior, standing across the street, is one of the oldest brick churches in Krakow. Archaeologists, which the architects nod, fortress, that the first traces of the Romanesque temple come from the 11th century. The legend goes back to the past, placing Salvator in the place of an ancient pagan cult. A touching painting from the 16th century has been preserved inside. by Kasper Kurcza, depicting the Crucified Christ dressed in a tunic and golden shoes, at whose feet the violinist is kneeling.
Somewhere "under the skin" of the stone temple, Romanesque motifs have survived, gotyckie i barokowe. On the right (south) The outer wall has a stone altar and a stone chalice-shaped pulpit, from which he was to "preach” st. Wojciech before his last trip to Prussia. Although the pulpit dates back to the 17th century., and St. Adalbert had died at the hands of the pagans a few centuries earlier, the legend is doing well. From that pulpit, people spoke on All Souls' days and on Holy Thursdays. Several nineteenth-century tombstones around the church resemble, that there used to be a cemetery here.
The intimate street of Bl. Bronisława gently turns into al. J. Washington and takes on a more representative character, This was largely due to the ancient maples growing along it. On the left, it passes the game cemetery, southern views of Błonia on the right. The avenue takes you to the place, from where trampled paths and concrete steps lead to the hill of Bl. Bronisława, on the top of which St. 1823 r. Kosciuszko mound.